Why not start off the new year right by making sure your home is in good working order!
Houzz.com put together a few quick & easy things to do for your January Home Checklist:
1.) Check smoke & carbon monoxide detectors
- With more heat used in the winter, you want to ensure that your smoke & carbon monoxide detectors are in good working condition.
This quick task could save your home & your life!
2.) Sort & Organize your cold-weather accessories
- Especially this winter, your hats, gloves & other winter accessories are going to be used a lot so why not organize them!
3.) Give your plants some TLC
- It's quite normal for your home to get dry in the winter, however this will affect some plants if you don't keep them warm & wet
4.) Clear home & wardrobe clutter
- Start the new year off with a fresh & clutter-free home and wardrobe! Sort through those clothes you don't need, shoes you don't wear anymore & accessories that take up space
5.) Take down holiday decorations & store them well
- Now that the Holiday season is over, it's time to store away all those decorations you brought out! Be sure to take the time to store them properly so you can avoid having to replace them next year
If you want to take a look at the full January Home Checklist, head over to Houzz.com
Let us know in the comments what you have planned to check off your list this month!
Rylie C aka The OneWheel Realtor